Laboratory Animals Limited (LAL) is a registered charity whose aims are to promote education and training in laboratory animal science, medicine, technology and welfare. One of the main ways in which LAL achieves this is by the publication of the journal Laboratory Animals.
LAL also aims to fulfil its obligations as a charity by funding a range of initiatives in the field of laboratory animal science. LAL provides grants to individuals, groups and associations that wish to attend or organize relevant activities or events and/or wish to develop, edit or translate educational materials and media resources, however we do not We provide grants to group and individuals attending training activities, funding in support of scientific meetings, funding for training courses in countries with no or limited access to education and training in laboratory animal science and many other initiatives, however we do not fund individuals to gain personal professional or academic qualifications, neither research projects..
HOW TO APPLY
- Please start by reading the guidelines section on the LAL website, making sure you are eligible for our grants: “Guidelines on How to Apply for Funding”.
- Download and fill-out the application form.
- Gather all other relevant documents inside a zip file.
- Once you have all documents ready, please fill out the form below, upload the documents and submit your application.
- In case of doubt, prior to or after your submission, please get in touch with LAL’s grants manager via the contact form.
APPLICATIONS SUBMITTED IN ANOTHER WAY NOT BE ACCEPTED
- The deadlines for receipt of all applications are 31st March (decision by the 30th June of the same year) and 30th September (decision by the 31st of December of the same year) each year.
- Applications for Large Projects (grant value over five thousand GB Pounds) must be submitted at least six months before the proposed start date of the project.