Laboratory Animals Limited offers fellowships to European laboratory animal scientists and technicians presenting an abstract at the FELASA 2022 Congress in Marseille, France https://www.felasa2022.eu/
Scholarships will only be awarded to those attending the conference in person.
LAL will award five scholarships of up to 850 euros each. Graduate and doctoral students, postdoctoral fellows and technicians working in the field of Laboratory Animal Science are invited to apply.
The LAL Scholarships will support participation of beneficiaries at the FELASA 2022 Congress, and will provide individuals with the opportunity to acquire knowledge about the 3Rs, the humane care and the use of laboratory animals and to share ideas and experience with colleagues from other countries. The scholarships will cover part of the registration, travel and accommodation expenses.
You are eligible to apply for a scholarship if your abstract has been presented to FELASA 2022 Congress and you attend the conference in person. https://www.felasa2022.eu/abstract-submission/
The scholarship winners will be selected from those whose abstract are finally accepted by the Scientific Committee of the Congress.
A statement confirming that no other scholarship, bursary, or sponsoring will be used to attend the congress (apart from funding from the candidate’s institution)”
Priority will be given to young scientists and/or technicians who face significant financial impediments to attending international meetings, and who can demonstrate the opportunity to pass on the knowledge gained at the Congress to their peers.
THE APPLICATION MUST INCLUDE
- A short letter as a request with your personal data.
- A brief curriculum vitae (CV).
- A copy of the submitted abstract.
- A letter of recommendation (e.g., supervisor, department head, etc.).
- A short paragraph demostrating how you would benefit from attending the meeting.
- A summary of how you would disseminate the knowledge you gain during the meeting, inside and outside your home institution.
- An estimate of travel expenses (budget).
HOW TO APPLY
- Please start by reading the instructions above.
- Gather all relevant documents within a zip file.
- Once you have all the documents ready, fill the submission form, upload the documents and submit your application below.
- In case of doubt, please contact the LAL grants manager through the contact form.
APPLICATIONS SUBMITTED OTHER THAN IN COMPLIANCE WITH THESE GUIDELINES WILL NOT BE ACCEPTED
Applicants are requested to submit their abstracts on the congress website https://www.felasa2022.eu/abstract-submission/ and submit their application to LAL no later than January 7, 2022.
Decisions will be taken by the LAL Executive Committee.